Participation Agreement, Release and Acknowledgment of Risk *
1. I understand that RISE Baseball LLC has agreed to allow me to use its services, equipment and facility on the condition that I sign this Participant Agreement, Release and Acknowledge of Risk and I agree to be bound by its terms.
2. In consideration of the services of RISE Baseball LLC and by signing this Agreement below, I agree to WAIVE any claims for and RELEASE and forever discharge RISE Baseball LLC, its subsidiaries, agents, owners, officers, volunteers, participant, employees, and all other persons or entities acting in any capacity on their behalf (hereinafter collectively referred to as “RISE Baseball”) for any and all claims, demands, or causes of action, which are in any way connected to my participant in this activity or may use of RISE Baseball services, equipment of facility, including any such claims which allege negligent acts or omissions of RISE Baseball in further agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless RISE Baseball for and any such claims.
3. I understand and acknowledge that Baseball, and Softball entails known and unanticipated risk that could result in physical or emotional injury, paralysis, death and damage to myself, to property, or to third parties. I understand that such risk simply cannot be emulated without jeopardizing the essential qualities of the activity. The risk includes, among others things, broken bones, sprains, strains, and other soft tissue injuries, bruises, abrasions, lacerations, dental injuries, concussions, spinal cord injuries, and death. Furthermore, I understand and acknowledge that RISE Baseball coaches and referees have difficult jobs to perform. They seek to insure the safety of all participants, but they are not infallible. They might be unaware of player’s fitness or abilities, and they may give inadequate warnings or instruction.
4. I understand that wearing safety equipment can reduce the risk of injuries and agree to wear safety equipment provided by RISE Baseball or to provide my own safety equipment in the event that safety equipment is not provided by RISE Baseball. It is my sole responsibility to insure that appropriate safety equipment is properly used when participating in any activities using RISE Baseball services or facility.
5. I express agree and promise to accept and assume all of the risk existing in any activity involving the services, equipment, or facility of RISE Baseball. My participation in any activity is purely voluntary, and I elect to participate in spite of the risk.
6. I certify that I have adequate insurance to cover any injury or damage I may cause or suffer while participating, or else I agree to bear the cost of such injury or damage myself. I further certify that I have no medical or physical conditions, which could interfere with my safety in this activity, or else I am willing to assume0and bear the cost of –all risk that may be created, directed or undirected, by any such condition.
7. I understand and agree that this Participation Agreement, Releases and Acknowledgement of Risk is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by laws of the State of Virginia, and that if any portion of it is held invalided, I agree that the remaining terms shall continue to be in full force and effect.
8. I understand and agree that this Participation Agreement, Releases and Acknowledgement of Risk is an important legal document and declare that I have read and considered it carefully. I fully understand its terms and agree that no oral representation, statement or other inducements to sign have been made apart from what is written on this form. By signing this document, I acknowledge I waive my right to maintain a lawsuit against RISE Baseball on the basis of any claim that I have released by signing this agreement.
PARENT OR GARDIAN ADDITIONAL RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION
If I am signing on behalf of a minor, I represent that I am the parent or legal guardian of the minor and I herby permit the minor list below to participate in RISE Baseball activities and to use its services, equipment and facility. I further agree to accept full responsibility for all medical expenses incurred as a result of the minor’s participation and agree to release, hold harmless and indemnify RISE Baseball from any and all claims, demands, or causes of actions brought by or on behalf of the minor which are in any way connected to the minor’s participation in RISE Baseball’s activities or the use of RISE Baseball’s services, equipment or facility.